A minimum stay of 2 consecutive nights applies. A One night stay is available upon request, and are granted at the Managers’ discretion.
Cancellation & Amendment Policy
Cancellations must be received by the Lychee Tree by email. Cancellations will not be deemed to be received until you have written confirmation from Lychee Tree Holiday Apartments. If you have not received acknowledgement within two days, please contact us at the resort on +61 (7) 4099-5811.
For cancellations received more than 28 days prior to the arrival date, the deposit will be refunded in full less a AUD$55.00 administration fee.
If the cancellation request is received within 28 days prior to arrival, the deposit is forfeited.(*)
When the cancellation requested is received less than 28 days prior to arrival OR in the event of a non-arrival / late arrival OR early departure, there is no refund of the full amount of your accommodation.
Within 28 days of arrival (outside of Low Season) any major amendments to arrival/departure dates i.e. moving dates of stay to another month or year constitutes a cancellation and reinstatement of a booking, and therefore the deposit will be forfeited as per above.(*)
Lychee Tree Holiday Apartments suggest the consideration of travel insurance to guard against unforeseen circumstances necessitating the use of this policy.
Terms & Conditions of Booking
The terms and conditions of the holiday letting as agreed to by both parties are as follows and any breach by you permits the owner or agent to refuse the key, amend the charge or immediately terminate the occupancy. Any reservation request from you constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. The Apartments are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the written confirmation or reservation information you receive from us. You agree to stay for the dates you have confirmed and should you wish to reduce your stay once you arrive or during your stay, under no circumstances are there any refunds.
2. The Apartments are available from 2pm on the day of your arrival and are to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Early check-in and late check-out are subject to availability and charges may apply at the discretion of management. The Apartment is to be locked on departure and all keys returned to reception.
3. Charges must be paid by cash or credit card (Visa/MasterCard/AMEX) before the occupancy commences unless special prior arrangements have been made.
4. The number of people occupying the apartment is not to exceed the number of people that beds are provided for.
5. The Apartment must not be used for any unlawful purposes.
6. Guests must only park cars in the designated areas.
7. No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to adjoining or neighboring occupiers. The by-laws, rules and regulations of the complex and any reasonable direction of the Manager must be complied with. The apartment must be vacated if, after receiving a warning, any Guest fails to comply.
8. In the event that any appliance or service breaks down every reasonable endeavour will be made to repair or replace an alternative. Port Douglas has limited access to tradespersons and retail stores, thus your patience is appreciated should this occur.
9. Neither the Body Corporate, nor the Manager, nor the apartment owner is liable for any damage or loss of property which a guest may sustain while on the complex. No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises.
10. All breakages and losses to the property are to be reported to the Manager and paid for by the Guest
11. The Guest will be liable for payment of any charges incurred by any Guest together with all replacements and necessary costs for any damage or loss to the apartment and its contents or the Body Corporate property as caused by any Guest.
12. A valid credit card is required upon arrival or a $200 cash security deposit. Failure to supply either of these may invalidate your booking.
13. Should the Apartment not be left in a reasonable clean and tidy state, any cleaning costs above and beyond the normal will be charged to the Guest.
14. A complimentary mid-stay room service is provided for bookings longer than 8 Days. For stays under 8 weeks, a room service may be requested at an additional cost.
15. A complimentary starter kit consisting of some essential amenities is provided upon arrival. Further supply is the Guest’s responsibility.
16. No animals or pets are to be brought onto the property.
17. All apartments are non-smoking.
18. School Leavers – unfortunately we do not have the policies, procedures or resources to accommodate the unique needs of school leavers during the annual Schoolies Festival. In particular we do not have adequate resources to engage qualified security personnel to guarantee the safety, comfort and convenience of our Guests during this period. For this reason we reserve the right to reject bookings from school and/or university leavers for the annual Schoolies Festival periods. If you still choose to book your accommodation through us and it is found out that you are in fact school and/or university leavers celebrating the Schoolies Festival, your booking will be cancelled and NO refund will be given.
19. The description of the property and the apartments are made in good faith, but no responsibility for mis-description will be taken. Each apartment is furnished to a standard, but as they are individually owned, they will therefore experience some different furnishings.
20. Specific requests will be noted on each reservation; however, no guarantee will be made.
21. The Guest authorizes the Manager to charge any credit card, or retain any security deposit for any loss, damage or monetary contribution for which any Guest is liable under this document or otherwise.
22. The Manager may inspect the apartment at any time with reasonable notice and at any time without notice if the Manager is of the opinion that there has been a breach of these conditions.
23. If the occupancy ends or is terminated, the Guest must immediately vacate the apartment. The Manager is authorized to do whatever is required to enforce the eviction of any Guest and removal of Guests’ property.